Sunday, July 29, 2007

My name is Shigeru Miyamoto

and I am teh coolest.

This month TIME featured Mr. Miyamoto in their 10 Questions series. You can get the podcast of it here. You can see how edited what makes it into the article is. (that stuff is just interesting to me) Anyway, there was a question asked by a local guy named Lucas Ross from Shoreview. Minnesota!

What one game has revolutionized the industry?
Space Invaders. Before I saw it, I was never particularly interested in video games and certainly never thought I would make the games.

I think, because he has the chops as far as I am concerned, that he is saying in a nice way that he is the actual answer to the question. If it wasn't for Space Invaders I wouldn't have showed up and started taking names. If he won't say it I will. That guy is awesome. Influential.

I am still jealous of that kid that got to play Wii Tennis with him at E3 2006. As far as I am concerned the prize wasn't being the first consumer to play the Wii. The prize was playing with Mr. Miyamoto.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen Miyamoto at a bunch of the E3 conferences, but only really bumped into him once. It was at the Sega booth, I think we were watching the first videos of the new (horrible) Sonic game. He had one of the then new Micros hanging from his neck on a chord and pretty much never stopped smiling. I can't remember if I stopped to shake his hand. I should have.

Unknown said...

I just googled myself earlier, and didn't even know my question was asked until a few hours ago. If it wasn't for you, I would have never known.

Blog Archive