Monday, July 2, 2007

I Welcome Our New, Monstrous Overlords

Like Tim, I too am a fan of escapism. For my dollar, I prefer outsider escape to the kind that Hollywood comes up with. Because, honestly, Godzilla should have been a slam-dunk. Maybe it's no coincidence that the writers of the movie that set giant monster movies back a decade also wrote the increasingly tiresome Pirates of the Caribbean sequels. Check out the trailer to D-War -- it's a Korean giant-monster that imagines dragons and their slayers duking it out in the modern-day. It looks quite a bit cheesier than The Host (which, I might add, was pure, unbridled awesome). Those of you with an extremely high tolerance for movie cheese should check out Godzilla Final Wars -- it's a nutso monster battle royale from the guy who directed Versus, a Evil Dead-influenced low-budget actioner that pit the yakuza against zombies.

6 comments:

Hose Juan said...

Looks entertaining. Will it make it to theaters around here though?

Unknown said...

If it does it'll probably be at the Lagoon for a really short run.

cardinal23 said...

Thanks for reminding me to put The Host on my Netflix queue. I'm excited to see that one.

w1ndst0rm said...

The Host trailer was great. Why didn't I hear about this movie?

Unknown said...

Tim, I tried to drag as many people as I could to see The Host, but Lucas was the only one who bit.

LUke said...

Sorry I wasn't around or I would have made the obligatory Tim bashing response here. The Host was quite enjoyable... though I have few better New Year's memories than watching The Terror of Mechagodzilla at 3am with a couple of my 2nd grade friends at the Holidome in Rantoul IL in 1982, er technically -3 since it was after midnight.

~I'm such a child of the 80's... no wonder I loved Transformers.

Blog Archive