Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I am Not Responsible For Tim's Comments

I hate starting anything out with a disclaimer, but Tim's going to lose it when he gets to the special part for him at end of this.

I was doing a little research- some internet legwork for one of my many project ideas that I don't even really plan on finishing anymore- on Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, and I came across an ad for Diet 7up that I saw before a movie at the Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw.

That cover of "Little Red Riding Hood" is pretty cool, so I decided to try and track it down (new project...). Before I succeeded (...that I won't finish!), I ran across a moody rocker-chick doing it on YouTube! It's a rough take, but the good in it more than outweighs the bad.



When I looked through her profile I just about crapped my pants.

Because she does Karma Police too.

And, hold on to your pants Tim, she covers the Flaming Lips.

She's into good stuff. Neil Young. Mazzy Star. Sam the Sham. I hope the album project she's working on gets finished. Mine never will.

3 comments:

w1ndst0rm said...

Aaron, I love you and I hope she isn't lip syncing. Because boy do I ever want this to be real. *purposely ambiguous* As AVK knows this is my favorite music formula.

Good looking female soloist + acoustic guitar + good song choice = Tim wasting 8 hours at work watching the videos over and over and then not sleeping at home until he can get the mp3 or video saved to his PC.


But alas this story may not have a good ending. As I was waiting to cross the street this morning to get my breakfast of Coca Cola and chocolate covered raisins I had this thought. "How am I gonna tell the guys this on Thursday? I don't know when it happened but when I look at college girls now I think, 'ok there is a little girl.' It used to be, 'now there is a nice chunk of sweet hotness."

What happened? I dunno.

Now I just have to figure out if this gem of an AVK post is some kind of cosmic test of my new view. Or if it is an enticing welcome back to my old view.


And for the record Aaron and I are basically the same person. One just inhibits himself and the other doesn't.

Unknown said...

Kinda like the two Van Dammes in Double Impact, right?

avk said...

More than you know.

Blog Archive