Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Uh-oh, our politicians have found faith again.

And suprise suprise it is in the context of a campaign. I didn't watch last night's Democrat debate and I am not watching tonights Republican debate either. I am just wondering if anyone else noticed all the news accounts of politicians and thier faiths today. I bring this up because I am once again in the unenviable position of deciding which party I am going to let take advantage of me for having a faith myself.

No not really.

You see while AVK just learned that I don't think people always do stuff for money I am almost 100% sure politicians only do things for votes during campaigns.

I am once again leaning towards just voting pocketbook. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The question is who's pocketbook? Yours or your children's?

cardinal23 said...

I have a lot of respect for Tim. I know he's not a dumb guy. I know that smart guys like him aren't as shortsighted as his blatant attempt at trolling would make him seem to be. So I'm just not going to respond to that last sentence, even though it made me gag a little bit. I'm just not going to respond.

avk said...

I will vote for the major party candidate who has the conviction to grab the podium and lean in toward the crowd (or to the camera) when speaking.

Therefore, the only major party candidate who has a shot at my vote is Fred Thompson.

Yikes.

I guess I can get off on the technicality that, should Thompson use the body language I describe, that he's just projecting conviction for dramatic effect, as opposed to being moved to the posture by genuine feeling.

Blog Archive