Thursday, June 14, 2007

Girls Make Noise



Above is the trailer for Girls Rock! a documentary for an all-girl rock and roll camp. Check out this clip, "Popcorn! Music" to see some of the awesome results.

I'm sure somebody has already made the comparison, but there's a distinct possablilty that some of you haven't heard of the outsider world's most infamous girl band, The Shaggs. Susan Orlean, she of The Orchid Thief aka the book that Adaptation is about, wrote about them for The New Yorker.

Here's a user made video of the Shaggs' "My Pal Foot Foot", a song about a lost cat.

A cover of the song by Deerhoof:


2 comments:

andrew said...

I saw a film bit on this camp a few years ago on pbs, on their late night independant filmaker segments. It was quite interesteing, but looking at that video, the age of campers is skewing much younger than before, which to me tells me they are making progress

Unknown said...

Yeah, it seems like if you reach girls at that age you can completely obliterate the chance of them going princess crazy. And that, I'd assume, is the goal of every progressive parent these days.

Blog Archive