Friday, May 25, 2007

New Guitar Hero Tracks



The new tracks from Guitar Hero III:

* Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
* Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
* Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
* The Metal (by Tenacious D)
* My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
* Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
* Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
* School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
* Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
* Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

Note that many are not covers.

Guitar Hero Rocks the '80s:

* I Wanna Rock (by Twisted Sister)
* I Ran (by Flock of Seagulls)
* Round and Round (as made famous by Ratt)
* I Want Candy (as made famous by Bow Wow Wow)
* Metal Health (as made famous by Quiet Riot)
* Holy Diver (as made famous by Dio)
* Heat Of The Moment (as made famous by Asia)
* 18 and Life (as made famous by Skid Row)
* Bathroom Wall (as made famous by Faster Pussycat)
* Lonely is the Night (as made famous by Billy Squier)
* Nothing But a Good Time (as made famous by Poison)
* Play With Me (as made famous by Extreme)
* Shaken (as made famous by Eddie Money)
* Synchronicity II (as made famous by Police)

EDIT: Three '80s tracks added:

* Balls to the Wall (Accept)
* Only a Lad (Oingo Boingo)
* The Warrior (Scandal)

I was concerned that the hand off to Activision would reduce the quality of the song selection. And by quality I mean the way they balanced obscure rockers that music geeks would love against well-known anthems. The first two games did an excellent job of mixing the familiar and off-beat.

The biggest shock for me is how many of the cheeseball, hair band tracks I remember fondly. "Bathroom Wall" was easily one of my favorite tracks on the Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 soundtrack.

1 comment:

Hose Juan said...

Nice, there are several on there I'm looking forward to playing.

Blog Archive