Monday, May 7, 2007

Making the Case For Knocked Up


Here begins my campaigning for the Judd Apatow school of comedy. This piece from the New York times is slightly fluffy, but begins to sketch out the up-with-losers angle that I dig in most of the director's work, such as 40-Year-Old Virgin, Freaks & Geeks and the vastly underrated Undeclared.

Haters will be pleased to see a bit of negativity coming from another comedy wunderkind, Mike White. But then, he's the guy who wrote School of Rock. Conflicted yet?

2 comments:

cardinal23 said...

I liked Freaks and Geeks, and I like Seth Rogen, but I saw one preview for this and ... I don't know.

I may have to check out Undeclared, though.

Unknown said...

Never trust previews. They're designed to be full of cliches because studio executives have absolutely no imagination.

Blog Archive