Monday, May 21, 2007

Excuse to Drink #5,623



As you must have heard by now, the historic clipper Cutty Sark has been set ablaze in her berth on the Thames in Greenwich. Never has there been a better time to buy a bottle of her namesake whisky and raise a glass to just a few degrees North of East in her honor.

I heard that she will likely be able to be restored, so raise another glass to her restoration. I am sure that this notion is far from novel, but if I cause just one more drink to be drunk, then I have made all the difference.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool would it have been to be the one Captain in the British navy to have a boat named after liquor. It would be like being the Captain of the U.S.S. Jägermeister. All the coolest, partyinest sailors would be putting in requests to serve under you.

Unknown said...

Okay. Just to be clear, I was kidding with that last post. Was I supposed to put a tilde in there or something?

avk said...

I thought it was funny, Gus.

Blog Archive