Monday, June 23, 2008
Netflix Profiles to be Eliminated
For anyone using the Profiles function in Netflix, note that it's going away in a couple months.
For those not familiar, Profiles let one split up an account into multiple queues and recommendation lists. For example, we have the 3-DVD plan. My wife has more time to watch movies, so I assigned 2 of the 3 slots to her. We have separate logins that take us to separate queues, for which we receive separate recommendations. It was very handy for anyone with different taste in film, and also set Netflix apart from competitors.
They're trying to spin this s a way to enhance ease of use, which is clearly bullshit, as anyone who finds the process too complex simply doesn't use it. To top it off, there is no system in place to merge the queues. Movies queued in separate Profiles will simply go away. They recommend you PRINT your queue out. On PAPER. So you can manually re-enter it into you main queue.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (162)
- ► 2009 (161)
- Netflix Listened
- Sixth Sense Chihuahua
- Presto: Now You're Thinking With Portals
- First Look at Ponyo
- Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
- Seinfeld + D&D
- Proud Father
- Netflix Profiles to be Eliminated
- Where the Hell is Matt?
- The Good, The Bad & The Weird
- Brawl in the Family
- Five Reasons You Should Give Burn Notice a Chance
- Giant Monsters in Madison
- The Robotech Movie
- Battle of the Album Covers
- Spore is really, really cool.
- ...and the Media Got That Much Worse.
- Kevin Smith about talk Superman
- Congratulations its a ... squirrel?
- Planets 8, Plutoids 2
- Amanda Lucas Should Play Brienne of Tarth
- Donald Duck's Fascist Nightmare
- Sunday's paper
- Weezer, I mean Rivers
- Optimus Prime for T-shirts, not Megatron!
- ▼ June (27)