Thursday, June 19, 2008

Five Reasons You Should Give Burn Notice a Chance

1. It clips along like a good Elmore Leonard novel, and I find myself caught up in the stories in much the same way.

2. Bruce Campbell!

3. The cast has instant chemistry- I really believed that the characters with histories had known each other for a long time.

4. Did I mention Bruce Campbell?

5. You can watch the entire first season, at your leisure, online. (warning: linked site plays obnoxious music for one minute)

1 comment:

andrew said...

I watched the first episode today, and I really liked it.

I think they made an excellent choice with the lead actor, and either the makeup on his scars are excellent, or his real life features really add to it.

I've read a fair amount of books that have taken the same angle on the spy trade, a decidedly anti-james bond, lets be clever but with simple gadgets, use the tools around us, and out-of-the-box thinking, but make it clear that the vast majority of out-of-the-box solutions are used, are pretty much right from the 'spy playbook' so I guess, being 'in the box' except this box is 'out of the box'

I also like how great they are with all the little details. The very few that just didn't taste right to me can easily be dismissed as a producer changing it to better appeal to the masses

I also liked on how in the first episode, you and the main characer both realize 'he stole his own paintings for insurance money' at the same time, most shows would have drug that out and the final scene would have him revealing his knowledge to the rich guy, who agreed to back off and pay off to keep it a secret. I liked that they added the layer of the rich guy not abandoning his scheme.

Blog Archive