Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Donald Duck's Fascist Nightmare
I've long heard legends of this Disney short "In Der Fuhrer's Face" an Oscar-winning short built around the song of the same name by Spike Jones and the City Slickers. I sorta wish they'd built a dark ride at Disneyland around this cartoon. The over-the-top fascist imagery (dig the Hitler moustache on Donald's house) and the anthropomorphized bullets would be super trippy in real life.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (162)
- ► 2009 (161)
- Netflix Listened
- Sixth Sense Chihuahua
- Presto: Now You're Thinking With Portals
- First Look at Ponyo
- Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
- Seinfeld + D&D
- Proud Father
- Netflix Profiles to be Eliminated
- Where the Hell is Matt?
- The Good, The Bad & The Weird
- Brawl in the Family
- Five Reasons You Should Give Burn Notice a Chance
- Giant Monsters in Madison
- The Robotech Movie
- Battle of the Album Covers
- Spore is really, really cool.
- ...and the Media Got That Much Worse.
- Kevin Smith about talk Superman
- Congratulations its a ... squirrel?
- Planets 8, Plutoids 2
- Amanda Lucas Should Play Brienne of Tarth
- Donald Duck's Fascist Nightmare
- Sunday's paper
- Weezer, I mean Rivers
- Optimus Prime for T-shirts, not Megatron!
- ▼ June (27)