turns out those inexpensive green laser pointers can be a hazard.
however, one co-worker says it probably isn't as bad as they say it is. 1064 nm infrared light has quite a long absorption length in your flesh or braiiiiiin. he is doubtful that enough infrared light can be absorbed by your retina to cause permanent damage.
still, it could pay to remember the old maxim: cat toys are only fun 'til someone loses an eye.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (105)
- Buy The Way
- Excerpts From H.P. Lovecraft's Yelp Page
- this too shall pass
- It worked... but sadly, it all went tits up in the...
- A Tangential Right Turn from DockCon.
- if Gus can post that...
- in space, no one can hear you scream
- Pop Song Of The Year
- Happy Birthday, Don Schlitz!
- when I grow up
- Winter is Coming... sometime.
- don't look into laser beam with your remaining eye...
- souls worth £5
- Two Headed Boy
- robots. why'd it have to be robots?
- The Arcade Fire -- Suburbs
- Stuck on LIMBO
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2009 (161)
- ► 2008 (285)