- a commitment to individual liberty, tempered by the conviction that genuine freedom entails more than simply an absence of restraint;
- a belief in limited government, fiscal responsibility, and the rule of law;
- veneration for our cultural inheritance combined with a sense of stewardship for Creation;
- a reluctance to discard or tamper with traditional social arrangements;
- respect for the market as the generator of wealth combined with a wariness of the market’s corrosive impact on humane values;
- a deep suspicion of utopian promises, rooted in an appreciation of the sinfulness of man and the recalcitrance of history.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Andrew Bacevich has written an article about why conservatives should vote for Obama in the fall. But I found myself more interested in his definition of conservatism, which I could get behind with a few modest changes. Here it is:
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (162)
- ► 2009 (161)
- "No Person Should Have This Many Zippers."
- Two Girls, One Angry German Kid
- "It was like he was floating on air!"
- Jim Henson's Time Piece
- The Duke of Braintree
- Modern Conservatism
- Clear Channel Hacked in LA
- Akira + Stronger
- More Boris
- Portishead -- "Machine Gun"
- Help Help I am being repressed
- Good people don't end up here
- The Amen Break and the Golden Ratio
- Took the Family to a Propaganda Film Today
- Yet Another Browser Game
- Warlords Online
- Crunchy Roll
- Robots Incoming
- My Life with Master
- I Chose You!
- Rockstar Satire
- Ya to square watermelons
- Day By Day
- Killer Fortress
- Dumb McCain Shit
- Rogue-likes on the DS
- Unfortunately, They Retired the Immortals Rules in...
- Card Crusher
- ▼ March (34)