Monday, October 26, 2009

Methinks Dock was luring me into the open.




I have always been a sucker for simple, cute and cheesy lyrics that pretend to be deep. For example:
"The silence isn't so bad
'til I look at my hands and feel sad
'Cause the spaces between my fingers
Are right where your's fit perfectly.
"

You see, stuff like that makes me smile and then giggle. And that makes Karri laugh. At me.
Then he finishes off with an old and tired rhyme. Rhyming for crying our loud:

"Oh, if my voice could reach back through the past
I'd whisper in your ear,
"Oh, darling I wish you were here"
"

Auto-tuning makes it sound new again - but it isn't. However, I might be okay with that anyway.


Unfortunately the reality of this situation that Dock and I know we are to old and male for always comes along and shames us back into being wistful thirty-somethings.

2 comments:

cardinal23 said...

I think that the key to enjoying music like this is not to think about it too much. It may be too late for that now.

Do you have that Postal Service album, Tim?

w1ndst0rm said...

Good point. Sorry about that.

I don't have the whole album but did DL a few of the songs I liked best.

Blog Archive