Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Google Wave, RPGs, and the Future of Online Communication
You may or may not have heard of Google Wave, it's an ambitious attempt by Google to reinvent email that has not yet been released to the public. It's got a number of features for group communication, but adds complexity. Some people have wondered what it's really good for, or speculated that it is doomed to failure. Ars Technica has today posted a story about pen and paper roleplaying using Wave which makes the medium seem a little more compelling. I'm thinking that we might at least do some character creation for our 4E game when I get my invite and send invites to you guys. And yes, it is named after the communication medium in Firefly.
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (162)
- Attention Wolf and Party!
- Rob just figured out how to edit a title so it don...
- Google Wave, RPGs, and the Future of Online Commun...
- Methinks Dock was luring me into the open.
- No! I'M the Captain of the Pinafore, Bitch!
- Wolf, get this while you are at it.
- If You See One Opera This Year
- Tim 1 - AVK 0
- Screenshot of the Month
- Real Italian Cooking - warning they use the F bomb...
- Essen 2009
- I Welcome Myself to Last Week
- What are the chances?
- Warhammer: Invasion
- Awkward (say it in your head, or aloud, like wolf...
- ▼ October (15)
- ► 2008 (285)