Thursday, February 26, 2009

Barn Again

I like the title of this post and program because it is from such a different time. A time when Christians " " were just wierd. Unlike today where they are jingoistic cocks. But anyway ...
I just caught the end of a program on one of TPT's HD channels. I thought about Andy and wonder what he would have to say. It will be on again early this morning:

Barn Again!
Friday, February 27, 2:00 AM on MN

It was filmed in the late 80's and is all about restoring old barns and updating them to the needs of the day. There was tears and stuff.

Check out the National Trust for Historic Preservation site(s) for some things us city folk probably don't know about.

4 comments:

avk said...

I saw that show, too!

That's some strong rhetoric in your post, Tim. Did something happen at church last week?

w1ndst0rm said...

Nope, nothing happened at church. I was just reflecting on the feelings I felt circa 1989 compared to 2009.

avk said...

Ah. I must have accidentally left that nuance filtering plug-in active in my browser.

andrew said...

when I was a kid of about 8 or so a guy showed up at our farm who was in his 90s who had grown up there. The barn is the building he recognized, all the other buildings had been replaced.

Our barn was considered for that show, because we had 'renovated' it by jacking it up, cutting the bottom 6 feet off and dropping it back down then installing a massive overhead door, covering it in tin, and using it for machinery storage.

It didn't make the cut, but I don't remember exactly why right now.

Blog Archive