Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Leave a Penny, Take a Penny


So I've been trying to digest what exactly makes Daft Punk so awesome and I think I'm starting to hone in one one of the reasons -- they make music that isn't definitive. When Daft Punk releases a record its only the first part of the conversation. Then its up to the rest of the world, other musicians and us to continue, expand and re-imagine. One could argue that this means that their music is unfinished, but I'd like to think that they're just letting the rest of us in on the process of making and loving music.

This is 30 Seconds to Mars covering Kanye West's "Stronger," itself built around a sample of Daft Punk's "Harder, Faster, Better Stronger."

3 comments:

w1ndst0rm said...

You been tokin' up pretty hard this week?

Unknown said...

Dude, people pay me to think like I'm stoned. I'm at the point where I don't even need to be stoned to get there.

w1ndst0rm said...

Yeah, I do red your AVClub stuff.

Blog Archive