Friday, August 31, 2007

Fuck the State Fair

You guys were right. I'm sorry I ever said a nice thing about the Minneapolis State Fair.

Alexis is assisting in the surgery theater there today, so we had all kinds of special passes and whatnot to get backstage so she could park and prep for the surgery. We got in with little problem, but trying to find where we were supposed to park wasn't so easy. And, I guess, we inadvertently drove past the "Tiger" lot where we were supposed to be. When we turned around we were confronted by a pair of security douche bags. One jerk, a Russ Tamblyn-looking loser with a sack full of rotten teeth between his lips, immediately gave us trouble. He took our security pass and made us turn around, essentially kicking us out of the fairgrounds without even the tiniest effort to help us. The flabby uniformed cop stood there backing him up. I don't know how much Mr. Meth mouth is making, but even if he's volunteering he's making too much.

I don't usually get mad about this kind of thing, but when you fuck with my wife (who was already pretty nervous about working in a surgery theater in front of dozens of gawkers) the gloves come off. I hope that asshole working by Tiger parking gets kicked in the skull by a horse.

5 comments:

Hose Juan said...

He took your security pass? I hope you got the two guys names. There's got to be someone to send a complaint to.

w1ndst0rm said...

Good thing I am not the kind to say, "I told you so!"

Oh wait, I am.

Unknown said...

We were too flustered to think straight. Luckily the head vet in charge of the surgery arena made some calls and raised some hell.

avk said...

I guess that's why they say "power corrupts, minimal authority turns people into douchebags."

avk said...

Oh- I almost forgot

Blog Archive