Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Side Projects

Don't want to hurt any feelings here in Minnesota, but I've got a couple of side projects.

Band #1: The Belmont Dropouts

We played "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden because that was the only song on the playlist that our high-school aged band mates recognized.










Band #2: To Catch a Predator

Just because I'm playing bass on both of these tracks don't think I'm not a versatile musician. In a rehearsal I sang "Wave of Mutilation" by the Pixies and knocked the song out of the park. Check out our vocalist on this one, though. That's Ryan Smith from Popmatters handling the white boy rap stylings of "Epic" by Faith No More quite nicely.









Don't worry guys. These two projects were just one-offs. I'm dedicated to a long musical career here in Minneapolis. Especially considering the news that we won't be playing Rock Band's career mode online.

3 comments:

avk said...

Seeing you rock out like that really made me feel the weeks it's been since I've seen you.

Qhorin said...

I really appreciate the fact that both clips play at once when you load the page. That's the cacophony I expect to here when the rest of us try it out.

Unknown said...

That's one hell of a warm fuzzy, Aaron. And, yeah, for all the savvy they've got going on at Harmonix/MTV it's pretty lame that the flash video auto plays.

Blog Archive