Monday, September 3, 2007

Kowloon Update


Turns out my friend Mitch is in Hong Kong on a prolonged business trip. He spent a bit of time in Kowloon and confirmed that a lot has changed since City of Darkness. In his words "they're reclaiming the bay." We only talked briefly, but Mitch expressed a preference for Shanghai over Hong Kong. If I know my friend it's the city's openness, both culturally and economically, that excites him -- that potential that bubbles under an untapped market. For example, he said that there's a Ministry of Sound show happening there. He seems to think that the people of Shanghai are starving for great music.

Tomorrow he's going to see the Disney park. Hopefully he'll get some kind of behind-the-scenes look, being an employee of the same parent company. I'll link to Mitch's photo galleries when he gets back. He also promises to grab some good bootlegs.

Also: he said that pigeon tastes like duck.

1 comment:

cardinal23 said...

I would love to go to Shanghai sometime. It's in my Top Ten cities to visit.

Blog Archive